SUMMIT MEMBERSHIP TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated on: December 2023
We pride ourselves on community design, gathering around collective values, shared practices, and thoughtful gatherings.
Our 8 principles
We believe shared principles are the foundation for building an authentic community.
- Be your most hospitable self.
- Be extremely welcoming, go out of your way to introduce someone new to your friends, and take extra good care of each other.
- Embrace the unexpected.
- Unpredictable moments can be the most meaningful.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Have flexible expectations and explore new ways of perceiving yourself and others.
- Build friendships.
- Summit isn’t about resumés, it’s about building lifelong relationships. Take the time to truly know those around you. Elevate the conversation, respect yourself and others.
- Show love.
- Don’t snub the start-ups and don’t fanboy the big timers.
- Go on a learning safari.
- Everyone has something to learn and something to teach. Take an intellectual, spiritual, and creative journey.
- Be present.
- Disconnect to connect.
- While searching for value at Summit, also enjoy it just for the fun of it.
Our curation process
Candidates are interviewed to ensure they are:
- A leader in their field
- A warm, kind person who resonates with our principles
CODE OF CONDUCT
Why this is important This code of conduct is designed to help ensure a safe environment for participants and attendees to share, learn, and build relationships. All members of the Summit community must abide by the following policies, which herein comprise the Summit Code of Conduct. If this code of conduct is breached, it results in removal from the Summit Community.
Be kind and considerate. Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws. Do not solicit business excessively or in violation of an individual’s request. Do not harass anyone sexually, verbally or otherwise. We take this seriously. If you’ve been harassed see below on how to contact one of our staff trained to help. Do not drink excessive amounts of alcohol, distribute alcohol to minors, and/ or engage in illegal drug use. Please email email@example.com or fill out this form to report any incidents of harassment.
- All Summit Membership participants, including guests, must be approved by Summit Membership through advance registration.
- We reserve the right to remove Summit Membership participants who do not comply with the proper registration requirements at any point without a refund. Summit reserves the right to remove anyone who disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations outlined in our terms & conditions or community guidelines.
- No participants may impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity.
- Participants may not aid in gaining an unauthorized person access to Summit Membership or a Summit-hosted event; this is grounds for removal without refund.
- Participants must not defame, abuse, harass, harm or threaten others, or make any bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements.
- Participants may not advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Participants may not post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law or post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous, or indecent language or images.
- Participants may not advertise or sell to or solicit others excessively.
- Participants may not hand out, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
- Without limitation of the foregoing, Summit may, in its sole and absolute discretion, remove any participant from Summit Membership, without explanation, at any time if such participant engages in any unlawful, unauthorized, prohibited, improper, or unethical activities, or any other acts or omissions that Summit deems worthy of such person’s removal. In the event you are removed, Summit will not provide a refund, member activity, or benefit access, as applicable.
It is of the utmost importance that Summit ensures a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We demand equal respect of all participants and do not tolerate harassment of staff, participants, guests, or partners in any form. Sexual harassment includes unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, such as unwelcome sexual advances or attention, requests for sexual favors, verbal, nonverbal, graphic and electronic communications that are of a sexual nature, displaying sexual images in public spaces, or inappropriate or unwanted physical conduct. Gender-based harassment is unwelcome conduct of a nonsexual nature based on an individual’s actual or perceived sex, including conduct based on gender identity, gender expression, and nonconformity with gender stereotypes that is sufficiently serious to adversely affect an individual’s participation in Summit Membership. Sexual violence is an umbrella term that includes sexual assault, such as rape/attempted rape, criminal sexual act, forcible touching, and sexual abuse. If of a sexual nature, stalking/cyberstalking and dating, domestic and intimate partner violence may also constitute sexual harassment, gender-based harassment or sexual violence. This policy covers, without limitation, the foregoing acts. Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave appropriately. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for any space hosted by Summit or associated with Summit Membership. If a participant engages in harassing behavior and violates these rules, Summit retains the right in its sole discretion, to take any actions to keep Summit Membership and the Summit community a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from Summit Membership without refund. Summit may also take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting events or making the membership environment hostile for any participants. We expect participants to follow these rules with every interaction within Summit Membership and the Summit community. We think people should follow these rules outside the Summit community too! Speak up if you see or hear something. If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of membership for everyone. We want you to be happy when engaging with our community. People like you make our community a better place. You can make a report either personally or anonymously. You can make a personal report by:
- Filling out an anonymous or non-anonymous report via this form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summit contact information is provided exclusively to Summit Membership participants and meant to encourage genuine, one-to-one communication. The "mining" and use of Summit Membership contact information for unwelcome business development and / or mass solicitation is strictly prohibited at all times, and doing so will result in removal from the community and a DNI (Do Not Invite) status henceforth.
Alcohol and Drug Use Policy
Summit Membership participants must abide by this alcohol and drug policy and are responsible for complying with federal, state, and local laws on the possession, use, and sale of alcohol and illicit drugs. Any participant that is under the age of 21 may not possess or consume alcoholic beverages under any circumstances at Summit Membership gatherings or events. No participant may distribute alcoholic beverages to anyone under the age of 21 or to any person that cannot establish that they are under the age of 21, nor may any participant bring alcoholic beverages to any Summit Membership gathering or event. In no event should anyone misrepresent one's age for the purpose of purchasing, possessing, or consuming alcohol. No participant in Summit Membership may use, ingest, be under the influence of, sell, possess or distribute illegal or illicit drugs while participating at a Summit-sponsored event or gathering. Event participants will be held directly responsible for the destruction of personal or public property; the violation of the safety or rights of others; the violation of any federal, state or local law; or the violation of any other Summit policy that may occur while they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If any of the uses above prove true, the participant or attendee will be removed from the event immediately without refund. Summit reserves the right to notify the authorities if any participant or attendee violates this policy. Summit disclaims any intention to assume duties to protect participants from their own abuse of alcohol or other drugs, or to protect third parties from the conduct of participants.
SUMMIT MEMBERSHIP PAID EVENT CANCELLATION
Due to economics and cancellation insurance limitations, we will not be able to issue cash refunds if you cancel your registration prior to the event. If you purchased your ticket using a previously issued credit and need to cancel, we are happy to reissue that credit back to your account and your credit will retain its original expiration date. If you purchased your ticket using cash and need to cancel, we are happy to issue a credit according to the guidelines below. All event credits expire 1 year from the date of issuance.
Cancellation Credit Guidelines:
- If you cancel 72+ hours prior to the event, we will convert 100% of the price you paid for your ticket into a future event credit.
- If you cancel with less than 72 hours prior to the event, we will not be able to provide you with any future event credit and your ticket will be forfeited.
Summit Membership event tickets are not transferable. Summit Membership event credits can only be applied towards another Summit Membership event (Summit Series events do not qualify).